When you install solar PV panels onto your property, the cost of your annual electricity bill will be reduced because you will be using free electricity that has been generated by your solar PV system during daylight hours.
Each unit of power generated by your system is a direct reduction on your energy bill, and you can also get paid for any excess power exported to the national grid through the Smart Export Guarantee scheme. For more information on this see https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/smart-export-guarantee-seg
You will be “doing your bit” for the environment by reducing your household carbon footprint. Not only that, the sun doesn’t even have to be shining on your solar panels to generate the electricity, they simply require daylight!
It may be beneficial to have a battery back-up system installed which will save the unused energy that you generate so that you can use it at night, and new technologies now allow you to use ALL the power that your system generates such as immersion controllers for free hot water and EV charge point controllers. We also install voltage optimisation systems which can save energy and extend the life of your appliances.
The Benefits of Installing Solar PV Panels include: –
- Save money on your power bills
- Increase the value of your home
- Sell the unused electricity you generate back to the national grid
- Eco friendly
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Less reliance on fossil fuels
- Less dependence on the National Grid
- Full installations start from only £3,000
- New installations are now VAT free
- From January 2024 any new battery purchase is also VAT free!